Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010!!!!!!!!!!


The first event of the year is upon us:  rock n roll 1/2 marathon!  This will be a nice warm-up for an exciting year ahead.  The race is on Sunday, Jaunary 17th.  Training for this one has been pretty chill.....I don't think I've done any training runs longer than 9 miles.  I'm running with Lacie, Stacy, Sean, and Kim, so we have a pretty sweet crew put together for the big day.  My best time ever on a half-marathon is 2:01 and I'm hoping to chop that number down this year.  I'm shooting for somewhere between 1:45 and 1:55.  I'm hoping the almighty power of the IPOD and Advil will get me down to my goal.  A motivating playlist of rob zombie, gojira, slipknot, disturbed, mudvayne, five finger death punch, meshuggah, stone sour, manson, puscifer, slayer, and the greatest running music of all time -- dragonforce -- should power me through the finish line.  Good luck to all my friends in the event, I'm sure you're all gonna do great.  After the race, we'll celebrate by stuffing our faces at In N Out baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment