Monday, February 8, 2010

McKinley Update

          Today is an important day:  not only is it 4 MONTHS from my McKinley departure date, but it's also the date I'll be putting a check in the mail for the remaining balance of my climb.  It was a hard road, and an expensive one, but the trip is paid for.  I've also purchased my plane ticket, so I guess there's no turning back at this point.  I have a few pieces of equipment to gather still, but all the really expensive shit is out of the way.  I want to take a moment to thank my loving, and very generous, wife Lacie for all the support.  Without her, none of this would be possible.  So, Thank You baby.
          I created this blog as a place to share this adventure with friends and family.  In a few months things are really going to pick up, and my training will increase for the 4 challenges ahead.  I'm going to need a lot of love and support from my people, so be ready.  The ball is in motion, and soon we'll be rolling full force.  Keep checking back for more details and news.  The Endurathon is getting close.

1 comment:

  1. if there is anyone i know that can do this, it's you. i bet you are going to have a very long list of the things you want to eat when you get off the mountain. right now, i'd like a grilled cheese on pretzel bread. ry was just talking about it and now it's all i can think about. and i'm not even on a mountain.

    ReplyDelete