Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

     Hello out there.  2012 has arrived.  With each passing year, the time to reflect on last year comes to mind, and then it's time to plan/scheme for the new year.  First on the block:  the annual Rock and Roll Arizona half-marathon and marathon.  This year I switched back to the half.  My goal is to set a new personal record.  My previous record is about 1 hour and 43 minutes, so I'd like to come in under 1 hour and 40 minutes.  This year there is a pretty good sized group of us running:  myself, my brother, my wife, my father in law, a student, and a few friends.  Each one of us has a different personal goal, but we all share one thing in common:  On January 15th we'll be running a half marathon!  For some of the group it will be their first, and others of us are enduring again.  Either way, it's a very rewarding experience once you cross that finish line.  We'll all be rocking our new "team ACI" running jersey's to represent the marriage of food and fitness!  It's a wonderful event every year, and if you've ever considered trying a half-marathon, I absolutely recommend this one.   Updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment