Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Help me achieve my dream!

The time has come, once again, for me to attempt to climb another of the world's tallest mountains.  This time I am aiming for Mt. Elbrus, the tallest mountain in Europe, at over 18,500 feet.  I am planning on climbing with Rainier Mountaineering again.  My hopeful trip is scheduled for July 5th, 2013.  Here is where YOU come in.  This time around, I am trying to fund-raise a lot of the trip cost.  My goal is to raise $6000 from friends and family to cover a lot of the climb's expenses.  My theory is this:  if I can get 600 people in the world to just donate at least $10, I'll have the money I need.  I don't mean to sound sad or pathetic, but I am looking for the support and kindness of good people to help me achieve my dream of touching the highest point of all 7 continents.  I am a simple cook, husband, and father.  None of those things lead to me being a wealthy man.  But, this passion I have is an expensive one, and it dawned on me a long time ago that if I plan on continuing this quest, I'm going to need help.....
Here is my time frame:  I need to have $1,500 as a deposit 1 year in advance (July 5th, 2012).  Then, the balance is due 90 days prior to the start of the climb, which is also when I need to purchase my flight.  Please find it in your heart to find $10 to donate to this climb.  You have the opportunity to help someone's dream come true.  There is no charity involved, no funny business, and no false claims.  I just want to climb.  I will be continuing to post, beg, and plead until I have the funds I need.
Chef Wilson, my boss at Arizona Culinary Institute, has agreed to allow me to use the school as "home base" for my fund-raising efforts.  More official information will be coming soon, but in the mean time, if you think you can help, please email me or contact me on facebook for details.  Thank you in advance for your love and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment