Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Endurathon: minor updates

There's not a whole lot to report right now on my project.  The first event (McKinley) is still months away, starting on June 8th, 2010.  My buddy Mark is competing in his first "half-ironman" triathalon this month, and he's the one I'll be doing mine with next year.....this same event in fact.  So, he's doing it this year, so I can get the run-down for next year.  It's still way too far in advance to apply for my Grand Canyon permit.  I'm planning on doing a "warm-up" hike in The Canyon in May, and it's still too early to even apply for that permit.  The half marathon is coming up in January, but that's no big deal.  After the event passes, however, the registration will open up for the next year, so I'll be able to register for my 2011 full marathon (the final Endurathon event).  I am still outside training about 6 days a week.  I've had to give up working out on fridays, because of my part-time job.  For the most part, my training consists of a lot of hiking and biking, a little running, and some pull-ups.  I am working about 18 hours a weekend at my part-time job, and the pay is not very good, but it's great experience.  I have a few other money making opportunities on the horizon, but I'm waiting to see if they work out.  All this extra cash is going DIRECTLY to help pay for my upcoming adventures.  Once I get the money I need, I'm done with all this extra work!  That's really about it.  The rest of 2009 will probably be pretty chill.....I'm really just in a holding pattern for the moment.  Things should start to get exciting as we move into 2010 though, so please keep checking back and supporting The Endurathon -- I'll need all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. be patient and stop trying to plan for a minute! put down your to do list. and your legal pad to do list. and your calendar. and the cat - he's not a to do list, just a transformer.

    can i go with you on the grand canyon hike? unless you are doing it in winter. bc in that case i'm out.

    ReplyDelete