Friday, September 11, 2009

Endurathon: the general concept


So, what is The Endurathon? There will be stories to go into more details soon, and there are many more details to work out, but for now, here's the plan..... At this point, I am planning to do 4 very major challenges over an 8 month period starting in 2010 and stretching into 2011. I have decided to name this quest The Endurathon.

As of now, the challenges include climbing Mt. McKinley in Alaska, entering a half ironman triathalon, doing a 4-day/50 mile backpack in a remote part of the Grand Canyon, and attempting to complete my 3rd full length marathon. I decided to start this blog as a place where my friends and family can follow along with me. I'm certainly not looking for a pat on the back, and there is no vanity behind this whatsoever. If anything, I want to share my passion, and this experience, with the world. If along the way I manage to inspire anyone else to join, or to undertake a challenge of their own, then that's just a wonderful bonus.

As more information unfolds, and more details work themselves out, I will post whenever possible. But even right now, I am always training, and always looking for like-minded individuals to train with me. Anyone feel like joining the fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment